Sunday, April 13, 2014

CROSSROADS BETWEEN SHOULD AND MUST

            Should and Must are two roads that stand in everyone’s way, they have never been the same they have only been choices. These two crossroads have their own benefits and downsides, and each aren’t exactly a paradise once the choice is made. Should is more of a suggestion from others as to how we are to behave or what we are suppose to do with our lives but that isn’t always what we want. Must on the other hand are things that are unavoidable to us and things that are completely necessary for us to do. Either way it appears as if we don’t really have our own choice in this, I know I really don’t all I can do is somewhat bend my choices into the direction I would prefer.
            Here’s where I’m at, I am currently doing all the necessary things I need to do in order to graduate and head off into college with my head up high This is why I am on the Must side of everything, I am doing the things I have to do while somewhat leading it on the college route. However I am going to college because it is what I am always being suggested to do by literally everyone, they tell me go to college, get a career, make something of your life, and I just sit there and say alright I’ll go. It isn’t because I want to, it’s because it’s what I should do to help me in life. I guess you can say that I am doing this because I Must, but it was also suggested by everyone that’s talked to me about it so it is also a Should. Overall I still think I am taking the Must route over everything else.

            I have chosen the Must route because the work I’m currently doing, the scholarships I’m finding, the jobs I’m looking for, all of this is because I HAVE to do it. I don’t have a choice here, I need to do all of this in order to continue on my route. I am a Must traveler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment