Sunday, February 23, 2014

MASTERPIECE ESSAY #1

Jorge Garcia
0
Masterpiece Essay #1
            I have always wondered what the future would hold for me, trying to come up with every possibility that could end up being my future. It was one of the things I’d constantly want to think about, and after a long time of thinking I have figured out that I wanted a career in business. This career interested me because I’ve seen how the area of business works, it caught my attention now instead of boring me like it used to. There has been a huge transaction in my ways of thinking, and thanks to this I know what I want my future to look like.
            This goes back to around my junior high years, I was still young and looking for anything adventurous. Just the thought of being in a small cubical with thousands of others doing some paperwork that probably is nothing but “bitch work”. That is how I completely saw it and wanted nothing to do with it, in fact by my freshmen year in high school I wanted to become a doctor. This was my career choice because I liked the idea of being able to help others in a job that is a complete necessity on a daily basis. There was only one thing, the classes that had a lot to do with the career I wanted. In the first high school years I did take classes such as biology, although it was not a hard class I just did not get a lot of interest out of it. I took the classes, passed them with ease but found that I classified it as “bitch work” because I was not passionate about this in any way. I was only trying to get the grade and move on. This was not the end of my journey however, because one thing stayed in the shadows until I noticed it my junior year in high school.
            I have not noticed that secretly I had a passion, one I haven’t noticed but have complained about a lot due to the fact that it was a lot of work. Yet even after all of the complaining I still tried my best at it and did not notice it. This secret passion was numbers, mathematics, and I was good at this. Although I was not one of the students that was in an advanced placement class under mathematics I was still going through the years with ease. This alone got me thinking, I’m good with numbers so what can I do with this? Many different things came to mind, teachers, professors, but then it hit me. What about finance, there’s a lot of work with numbers, money, and more importantly get paid very well. There was still research to do however, and I realized what I now had an interest in. It ended up being the one thing I had hated, it was the world of business. At first I was shocked but then it all came together and begun to make much more sense. Also I realized that what I saw as business isn’t always true, it didn’t have to be the whole cubical scene. It could be just about anything, the office itself is almost guaranteed but it could be anywhere from a building to a school. That sounded pretty good to me because I could easily see myself doing this, and I was ready to try and make that my career.

            All-in-all I would say my way of thinking has done a complete 180. I have gone from not liking the world of business to realizing it is a pretty good idea for me because I found out I actually had a secret passion for it. However, although I have found out what I wanted to do with my life I have decided not to do more research on this for my senior project. I want to be able to manage time and not do so much with my future, I know what I’m getting myself into so I want to be able to master time management before I leave. My future involves me going into the world of business, but at the same time I would need more than just knowledge on that to be ready for the future. I’d need to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment