Thursday, October 31, 2013

FILTER BUBBLES

a) This was my first time being exposed to the idea of filter bubbles and I was surprised by a few things. Although I already knew that google and other search engines would keep a history on you but I didn't know that they completely personalized your computer.
b) Even though I do not like the idea of having my computer personalized without me knowing I'd have to say I do think more about the internet. I always thought that I made smart decisions on the internet but even when I think I do there's still things that happen and I can't really control. There really is no privacy anywhere on the internet.
c) I am one who tends to think about the future a lot, so after hearing about what search engines do I'm wondering if people would really change their ways. I mean people know what fast food does to them but they still eat it. Same concept here, will they really change their ways?
d) How I could improve my searches is by using DuckDuckGo since it does not save anything, but will I effectively use it? That's another question.

No comments:

Post a Comment