Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THE CHOICE

1. The 'choice' is whether a 5 year-old girl takes her poison by herself or have it shoved down her throat by her parents. 
2. This is not a real choice, either way has the same outcome so where exactly is the choice here? Also I think the alternative would be for her not to take it at all despite what her parents want. 
3. The author uses the word 'poison' to exaggerate his point on what they were doing. Suck as the expression 'Pick your poison'. Making this poor little girl 'choose' between different ways to take her poison. 
4. She wants to play with that you because she knows, better than the author realized, that she would not get to play with that toy because she would not make it to be the age the toy required. I do agree with her, because although nobody wants to say so this little girls chances of dying are better than her chances of surviving. So let her play with the toy. 
5. If I knew for a fact that I wouldn't live to be 30 I would most likely not stay in school. The reason we are all in school is to create our futures, well mine not bring past my prime I wouldn't see a point in continuing. Also I would begin traveling, if I knew I'd die young then may as well see as much as I can. 
6. It is appropriate under the circumstances of life or death, during  those times it seems that just abut every move would have to be appropriate. 
7. Suffering is definately a condition in life, it isn't easy and at one point or another we will all suffer. Same with love, it is not easy and once you have it it can lead to problems but we decide that it's worth it. 
8. The authors words can touch us all, although our experiences are different we have all had our hard times. When it comes to hearing another persons problems their words can have us unknowingly thinking about our times. Words are powerful that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment